The Navigator Ai GPS+ is equipped with a ‘Smart Module’, similar to what you would find on a computer. The initial load time is to safely active the Smart Module and its advanced operating system.
Option 1 (Preferred): *Only applicable from version v1.57.1_1.2.141 onwards
• Go to Main Menu > Settings > Wi-Fi and connect to Wi-Fi.
• Go to Main Menu > Settings > Reset Registration. Turn OFF and then turn ON your Ai Navigator GPS+
Option 2: Remove Registration from Mobile App
• On your Ai Navigator GPS+, Go to Main Menu > Settings > Wi-Fi and connect to Wi-Fi.
• On your Ai Navigator GPS+, Go to Main Menu > Settings > Bluetooth and connect to Bluetooth.
• In the MGI App on your mobile device, go to Device Menu and ensure the Ai Navigator GPS+ is connected.
• In the MGI App on your mobile device, go to Device Menu (For Selected Ai Navigator GPS+) > Remove Device.
To get a satellite signal, the Ai Navigator GPS+ must be in open sky with no obstructions. Move to an outdoor location away from buildings with clear line of sight with the sky.
Wi-Fi Networks are used to update information (firmware, course maps, scoring details) on the device. GPS is used to pinpoint the Ai Navigator GPS+’s position to ensure that distance calculations are accurate. GPS is required for the Play Golf function; however, Wi-Fi is not.
This is most likely due to a weak Wi-Fi signal. It is recommended to try an alternate Wi-Fi Network or to move the Ai Navigator GPS+ to an alternate location to improve the signal. Go to Setting > Update Device to check for the latest firmware.
The Ai Navigator GPS+ displays messages from “Notification Center” on your mobile device. The Ai Navigator GPS+ is only able to display messages from your mobile device, not dismiss them. If outdated Notifications appear on your Ai Navigator GPS+, you will need to go to the “Notification Center” on your mobile device and clear messages from there.
You can control the types of Bluetooth notifications from the MGI Mobile App under Notifications option.
- Turn Bluetooth on Ai Navigator GPS+ to OFF.
- Turn Ai Navigator GPS+ OFF.
- Forget all Bluetooth Devices on your mobile device.
- Turn Bluetooth OFF then back ON.
- Turn Ai Navigator GPS+ ON, then turn Ai Navigator GPS+ Bluetooth ON.
- Reattempt to connect.
Option 1: Forget Wi-Fi Network – Go to Settings > Default Settings. Then turn off and turn on the Ai Navigator GPS+ and reconnect to Wi-Fi.
Option 2: Attempt to connect to an alternate Wi-Fi Network.
Go to Main Menu > Settings > Wi-Fi.
Toggle Wi-Fi ‘on’. If the Wi-Fi toggle is blue, then Wi-Fi is on.
The system will automatically search for available networks. *Note: Only secure networks can be connected to).
Select the desired Wi-Fi network from the populated list.
Enter password - it is recommended to tap the “eye” icon to display the password to ensure there are no errors. Do not go turn off the unit or tap ‘go back’ while the Ai Navigator GPS+ is attempting to verify a password.
- If the password is accepted, you will return to the Wi-Fi screen and the Wi-Fi Network will display as blue.
- If the password is not accepted, you will receive an incorrect password error and must re-enter the password.
Note: once Wi-Fi is connected the system will automatically connect to that Wi-Fi Network if Wi-Fi is ‘on’.
Firstly, follow the steps in previous FAQ to verify that the Ai Navigator GPS+ is registered. If registered, the Ai Navigator GPS+ must be connected to Wi-Fi during the “Start Round” process, or you must download the course details via “Update Course” using Wi-Fi prior to the start of their round.
Option 1: Via Play Golf – Go to Play Golf > Select A Course *you must connect to Wi-Fi to get full course details. Select your course and update. If you skip update, then the full Hole View will not display.
Option 2: Via Update Course – Go to Main Menu > Settings > Update Course. You can preload data for full Hole View. Note: you must first connect to Wi-Fi to be able to “Update Course”.
Navigate to Main Menu > Settings > About and look for “Register Device” link. Your name, phone number and email address will appear beneath ‘Nav Ai GPS+’. If the device is not registered, it will hyperlink ‘Register Device’.
The advanced feature, Hole View, gives a full depiction of the golf hole for better details around layout and hazards. The Ai Navigator GPS+ is preloaded with details on tee boxes, greens, and scorecard information. This requires you to download the course details via Wi-Fi.
This can be done when you start your round or from the settings menu; go to Settings > Update Course to preload courses in advance. Once the course is downloaded, it will stay on your Ai Navigator GPS+.
Please note that each time your start a round of golf, the Ai Navigator GPS+ will attempt to search for any new course data for that course, i.e., any hazard changes. For this reason, the “Updating Course” message appears every time you start a round at that course.
If you forget password, tap ‘Forgot Password’, which will send you an email with a temporary password to log in.
If you do not receive the ‘Forgot Password’ email, the password will need to be manually reset by MGI Golf Custom Service Team (contact details on the last page of this manual). On rare occasions, this message may appear even when the user has entered the correct email and password – please contact MGI Customer Service for further assistance.
Each Ai Navigator GPS+ can only be associated with one owner account but one owner can have multiple MGI devices associated with their MGI account.
During the registration process, the Ai Navigator GPS+ uses Wi-Fi to check the server to see if an account already exists for a given email address. If an account exists, the following message will display. If this message appears, you will need to log into your account using your existing MGI account details.
Option 1: Upon initial Start Up, the “Registration Process” follows the tutorial.
Option 2: Via Main Menu – A blue registration banner will appear above the Main Menu items (if skipped on initial Start Up).
Option 3: Via About Screen - Go to Main Menu > Settings > About and tap ‘Register Device’.
To begin pairing, your phone must be in close proximity with the MGI Ai Navigator GPS+. The buggy must also be ON.
• Download the MGI App via the Google Play/ App Store
• Click on LOG IN – do not use register.
• Enter in the email address and password used to register the physical caddy via the top handle. This must match for the App to synchronise.
• If you have forgotten the password, click FORGOT PASSWORD. A link to access a new password will be sent to the entered email account.
• You will now be asked to ADD A NEW DEVICE, scroll through the images and select the Ai Navigator GPS+ and click ADD DEVICE.
• We recommend selecting YES, to allow the device to recognise your location.
• Your phone and topbox will ask you to PAIR DEVICE. Select PAIR on your phone.
• Your phone will ask if you wish to receive notifications on your Ai Navigator GPS+. Click ALLOW, to enable text messages and call alerts.
• You will receive a message stating the pairing has been successful.
• The Serial number of the buggy will display on the screen and is now recorded in the App.
• The MGI App is now ready to use.
Ai Series caddies have a carry capacity of 45lbs. It is advised you do not exceed the carry capacity as it may damage your caddy.
Ensure that both of the rear wheels are full engaged onto the drive pins, The motors may also need to be trimmed - Please refer to Section 8.2 of the Ai Navigator GPS+ User Manual.
Ensure the handle is locked into the highest position and the top bag support has been lowered into position.
Please ensure your battery is fully charged. If so, the caddy may need to be taken to an authorised MGI repair centre for inspection.
Ensure your wheels are on the correct side and they are locked into the drive position. If this is correct, you may need a replacement speed control.
Turn your caddy off and then on again - if the problem persists, the caddy may need to be taken to an authorized MGI Repair center for inspection.
Check your wheels to ensure the left wheel is on the left side and the right is on the right. If your caddy is running consistently slow you will need to take it to an authorized MGI repair center for inspection. If your caddy seems to get slower as the game progresses, your battery and charger need to be inspected by an authorized MGI repair center .
The caddy will need to be taken to an authorized MGI repair center for inspection.
Lightly lubricate the axles using petroleum jelly. If the problem persists, the caddy may need to be taken to an authorized MGI repair center for inspection.
MGI caddies are designed to be used in all conditions however a level of caution is required when operating your caddy in wet conditions.
When playing in wet conditions, we recommend carrying a hand towel to wipe away any excessive water from the top box.
Keep your caddy on the fairway and paths when possible and avoid boggy terrain and puddles.
MGI caddies are designed to be as resistant to wet conditions as possible however they are not waterproof.
Under no circumstances should you clean your caddy using a pressure washer or hose.
MGI recommends cleaning away excess debris with a brush and wiping the caddy down with a damp cloth.
Damage to the drive system and electronics due to water ingress is not a manufacturing defect and will not be covered under warranty.
If you experience an issue after playing in wet conditions, please make contact with your Proshop to organise inspection by an authorised MGI technician
If your remote loses pairing with the Top Box or you replace your remote it will need to be paired as follows:
• Turn on Ai Navigator GPS+
• Turn on the Ai Navigator GPS+ remote
• The remote LED will flash blue and red
• The LED will go solid blue once paired
It is recommended to service your caddy every 12 months or every 500km to ensure optimal performance of your caddy.
Please see the Preventative Maintenance Program that can be found in your user manual.
Approved service center locations can be found on the MGI website or by contacting us.
The weight of your caddy varies between models.
Ai Navigator GPS+: 33.28lbs
Zip Navigator AT: 36.37lbs
Zip Navigator: 28.6lbs
Zip X5: 25.9lbs
Zip X3: 24.8lbs
Zip X1: 22lbs
Yes. Charge your new battery for at least 8 hours or overnight before use. The battery charger light will turn to green indicating that the battery is fully charged.
It is important you register your MGI Ai Navigator GPS+ immediately
via the Top Handle. Registration allows you to:
• Record your Ai Navigator GPS+ for warranty purposes
• Speeds up any servicing required on your Ai Navigator GPS+
• Assists us to contact you with any updates to your Ai Navigator
Alternatively you can also register your Ai Navigator GPS+ via the MGI
app or visit mgigolf.com
Ensure your wheels are on the correct side and they are locked into the drive position. If this is correct, your front wheel may need adjusting. Please refer to instructions below.
2. Connect the battery and have the Ai Navigator GPS+ stopped [without the golf bag].
3. Press and hold the speed control button for 3 seconds and the Ai Navigator GPS+ will automatically enter into the "motor trimming function"
4. Release the speed control button, the caddy will go forward automatically. After
5- 20 meters [the distance traveled will be different based on actual difference of the motor] the caddy will stop automatically.
5. Then check the straightness of the caddy using the top box speed control. The caddy should run straight, if not, repeat the above process.
To access motor trimming hold down speed control button for five seconds. Select motor trimming option and follow the on screen instructions.
Your remote battery is a long life lithium battery designed to last for over 3 years old. MGI recommends charging the remote after every round of golf.
The Battery indication moves in 25% increments.
Yes, under the handle are two charging points, A USB and USB-C.
MGI SERVICE INFORMATION
MGI USA Service Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Live Chat: visit us.mgigolf.com
Telephone: 1800 617 2990
Local Service Centers: Visit us.mgigolf.com/pages/international-distributors to find contact information for your local MGI distributor and/or service agent.
Please refer to us.mgigolf.com to find the distributor in your country.
Under no circumstances should a Lithium Battery that has been immersed in water be connected to a caddy or charger. By doing so you may create a fire hazard or risk the battery catching fire. Please contact the MGI Service Centre to arrange a replacement.
Your lithium battery leads, casing and connections should be regularly inspected for damage and wear.
If your leads or connections are in need of repair or replacement, please contact your local MGI repair centre for assistance immediately.
Under no circumstances should a Lithium Battery that has been dropped, damaged or immersed in water be connected to a caddy or charger. By doing so you may create a fire hazard or risk the battery catching fire. Please contact the MGI Service Centre to arrange a replacement.
For further information about caring for your battery please visit our Battery Maintenance Page